Saturday, October 4, 2008
immingrants in the US
In the United States, there are many many immigrants. Most of them are legal, but some of them are illegal. Most of the illegal immigrants in Texas come from Mexico. In other parts of the United States, like Florida, some may be from Cuba, escaping the dictatorship there. People leave Mexico for many reasons. Some leave because they're poor and think they'll have a better life in the US. Others may not like the government and want to escape that. The dollar is stronger than the Peso and some other currencies, so people come here to get a job and send money back to help their families. Some people sneak in from Mexico by crossing the Rio Grande. The people coming from Cuba make rafts and sail the 90 miles to Florida. Immigration is very strict because the US is starting to fill up. The US views illegal immigration as a very large problem. The government set up border patrols and a set of immigration officials, some of whom deal with illegal immigrant problems. There are raids on businesses who are believed to hire illegal immigrants. Illegal immigration casts a very bad light on immigration in general, because if people say that they are immigrants, some people may ask legal or illegal. And in the illegal immigrant raids, some immigrants may be taken because they look like illegal immigrants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, I know... I wanted to give background info first though, and then I ended up writing a lot. I agree with you on the illegal immigrant thing... I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but that's very true. I like your entry, it gets straight to the point without any "fluff" (unneccessary information)!
Have a nice weekend,
Seraina
Post a Comment